About Shell CO2 Trading
Shell is a global leader in emissions trading with over thirteen years of experience in the European Emissions Trading Scheme as well as in markets around the world.
Our Expertise and Leadership
- We have over thirteen years of trading experience in the Emissions markets.
- We trade in the European Emissions Trading Scheme, New Zealand Emissions Scheme, California Emissions Scheme, Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative and now in the Shanghai and Guangdong pilot markets.
- First company to trade European Union Allowances in 2003.
- First company to take delivery of Certified Emissions Reductions (CER’s).
Our Market Access
- We offer a wide and comprehensive range of products and solutions, from simple spot deals to tailored structured risk management products.
Our Core Strengths
- Globally we manage the compliance of our own entities so we have a deep understanding of the CO2 costs and impact on companies.
- Shell is a trading partner and marketer with a strong credit rating.